Tides: A Shark Tale
A downloadable game for Windows and Android
What if Sharks had to save themselves?
Play and explore the ocean as a young spotted catshark who is on a quest to save fellow sharks from the dangers above, through thinking smartly to survive and using its amazing senses. You can give them aid and earn their unique powers - all while encountering the dangerous human threat, natural wonders, and learn about your world on the go with the Sharkives app.
- Play in a world where there are more to sharks than their teeth for once!
- Meet the real life versions of your in game shark pals, collect information and access it on the go with the standalone Sharkives app.
- Meet a whole range of British sharks and use their unique abilities!
- Encounter hazards and complete quests in game that are inspired by the real life threats that sharks face.
- Explore a beautiful ocean environment and uncover secrets with your shark sense of electrorecption - through a controller's rumble feature!
ESC - Menu
WASD - Movement
M - Smell Map
Arrow Keys - Ability Selection
Left Mouse Click - Action
Right Mouse Click - Ability Use
Hannah Aicken, Mark Philip, Alexander Scott, Lynsey Adair, Abbie Smeaton Ade Cross, Henry Pullan, Domenico Lerose
Advisors: Dr. Helen Dooley & Dr. Robin Sloan
This game is a prototype, which is still in development! Thank you for your interest!
|Published||Aug 05, 2016|
|Tags||2D, companion-app, Exploration, games-for-change, ocean, serious-games, shark-conservation, Side Scroller, underwater|
|Average session||About a half-hour|
|Inputs||Keyboard, Mouse, XBox 360 controllers, Smartphone|
|Accessibility||Subtitles, Configurable controls|
Click download now to get access to the following files: